Friday, April 29, 2011

Ta-Da!

Well, I finished my cake tonight for tomorrow's school auction. I didn't really take any pictures during the process of making it, but here's two pictures of the final product. (Please ignore the messy counter.)
(UCA is our school - United Christian Academy.)


It's not perfect, but I think it's pretty decent considering it was my first attempt at doing something like this. It's a chocolate cake (recipe thanks to Amanda over at i am baker). It has a peanut butter cream cheese frosting/filling (yum!). I found this recipe on another website, but I can't remember what it is off the top of my head. I'm hooked up to my vest at the moment, or I'd go check the recipe. Just know that I did not create it. I got this idea to use chocolate covered pretzels because they're one of my favorite things, and salty/sweet works. In addition to the pb filling between the cake layers, there's also a layer of chocolate covered pretzels.
The letters UCA are simply melted chocolate chips that I piped onto waxed paper and then froze until they hardened. This idea also came from i am baker and some Easter cross cupcakes that she made. Check it out here.
Hopefully this sells well and raises some money for our school!

No comments: