First of all, I haven't had any more bleeding. Yay! I started my nebulizers back up this morning and will go back to working out today. Hopefully we can get this thing figured out and fixed so that I can be exercising consistently, not to mention taking my meds without having to skip doses.
Ok, on to my interesting thought. I'd appreciate any feedback that anyone else has on this. In a meeting last week, we were discussing how a student who seems overtired all the time may in fact be getting as much sleep as the other children in the class. However, if this student is struggling academically, his/her body/brain may be working so hard to keep up with the material and with the other students that the student ends up being way more tired. So, a struggling student may need 2 hours more sleep than his/her classmates just to keep up with how hard he/she is working.
I got to thinking, and I wonder if this same thing translates to me and my health. I have always needed a ton of sleep. I am NOT a morning person, and most days I wake up still feeling pretty tired. It usually takes a lot of effort to pull myself out of bed in the morning. Well, maybe I'm getting as much sleep as other 24 year old people (or maybe more than some!). But, maybe my body is working so hard all day long to stay healthy and to keep my lungs working that I need 2 hours (or however much) more sleep than other 24 year old people. I'm pretty sure I could easily sleep for 10 hours on most days. sNow, how easy is it for me to put this into practice? Well, on no-TOBI months I need to be up by 6:00. On TOBI months, I need to be up around 5:45ish. Right now I'm usually heading up to bed around 10:00, but not going to sleep until 10:30 or later (writing to my fiance, doing devotions, etc.). I'm pretty sure that being in bed by 8:00 every night is not too practical, and probably isn't going to happen. Evenings are the times that I can talk to my fiance because that's when he's awake and online. Plus, I don't generally feel tired enough at 8:00 to go to bed. Getting up later in the morning isn't an option, at least during the school year. I'm thinking that I'll try going to bed 15 minutes earlier, and gradually work up to going to bed an hour earlier on most nights. It will definitely take some discipline and setting priorities, but I think that it will be worth it in the long run.
Have any other CFers out there noticed that they require way more sleep? Any thoughts on my theory?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment