Deployment is hard. Very hard. Harder than I anticipated it would be. I'm not really sure why, since we were rarely together even when he was in the States. We're not even 2 months in and I wish I could give him a hug, have a face-to-face conversation, spend time with him, be done with being apart, etc. Before we started dating, we talked every second we could - hours every day. I think we exhausted the list of topics of conversation because so often now we don't have much to say. Having not a lot to say is fine when you're together, but it's a lot harder when your only form of communication for over a year is instant messenger. I have to constantly remind myself that this isn't real life. Well, it is for now, but things are so much better and easier when we're together. We will be again eventually, but it's taking constant reminders of that fact to keep from getting too discouraged. I know that all this waiting and being apart will be worth it in the end, but right now, it STINKS. *sigh*
Come home soon, babe.
Thursday, April 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment