Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 1 of Stepping it Up

Alright, my workout goal for today was to jog/walk for 30 mins, with at least 4 minutes being at 6 mph, and to bike/use the elliptical for 30 minutes (depending on what was available). When I got to the gym, the treadmills were all being used so I hopped on the bike first. I did 10.8 miles in 30 minutes. The treadmills were STILL all being used, so I decided to go on the indoor walking track. (It's still too gross on the roads to run outside. Mud season!) I didn't really have a good way of knowing how fast I was jogging, but I jogged .2 miles and then power-walked the rest. I did a total of 1.8 miles in 30 minutes, for a grand total of 12.6 miles! Not too shabby. I would have liked to run more and walked less, though.
So far there has been NO blood (YES!) and I'm not too sore. My knee is feeling a little funny and looks like it may be a bit swollen, so I'll be keeping an eye on that.

No comments: