Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Week 2, Day 2
Today was the second day of the second week of my running plan. The walking parts were fine - nothing really to say about them except that I'm thankful for that recovery time between runs. During the first 2 minutes of running I was thinking something to the effect of, "I really hate running and as soon as this plan is done, I'm never doing it again." The second 2 minutes were a bit better - "Maybe I can do this." The third and fourth 2 minutes were also better. I found myself hanging on to the hand rails of the treadmill less than the other day. I found (once I got past the first 2 minute run) that running for 1 minute is just about flying by now when last week it was a struggle! That was a great discovery and I never expected it to happen so fast. I have no idea how in the world I will ever run for 30 minutes straight, but I'll just keep taking it one day at a time. My work outs are not causing me to cough up much, so I'm hoping that means that maybe there isn't much going on in my lungs at the moment. My knees are sore after today's run, so I'm glad for a day of no running tomorrow to let them rest and recover.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment