Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Wonders of Albuterol

Yesterday, we woke up to smoke in the air.  Apparently there were/are forest fires near Montreal, and we were getting smoke in the air down here.  Even people 2 hours away from us were getting it.  I decided it would be best to stay inside, although, we had the windows open, so I don't know how much it helped.  Anyway, I also decided to clean my room yesterday.  Like really clean my room.  And organize it.  I hadn't dusted in awhile, so cleaning stirred up a lot of dust.  At one point, I suddenly felt not so great.  My energy was zapped and I just didn't feel good.  I decided to take an extra dose of albuterol and see if that helped.  Well, to my surprise, virtually the second I took it, I felt almost completely better!  I wasn't really sure before that if albuterol was doing anything for me.  When they give it to me at clinic and have me redo my PFT's, they go down 99.99999999% of the time.  But, I guess the stuff is helping.  I got my energy back and finished my room, no problem. :) (Now to keep it looking as good as it does right now!)
Yesterday also began week four of my running plan.  (Remember, I should  be on week 5, but chose to repeat a week.)  This week is walking 2 minutes and running 5 minutes 4 times.  Let me tell you, adding that one extra minute to running with less recovery time was HARD. I thought I wasn't going to be able to finish and was hanging on to those hand rails A LOT.  I'm hoping this gets easier as the week goes on.  However, I felt great after and got more junk out of my lungs than usual.  Plus, I'm not even that sore today!  I still have no clue how I'm going to run half an hour straight by the end of this!  I'll just keep taking it one day...even one second...at a time.

No comments: