Well, I visited the CF doctor and the ENT at home over my spring break a few weeks ago. I'd been having some sinus headaches, and it turned out I had a sinus infection. I then went to visit the CF doctor, and my PFTs were down to 40 something %, when they had been at 70% just three weeks before. This was rather discouraging, but I tried to not let it get me down. We are hoping the PFTs were down due to my sinus infection. The antibiotic cleared up the sinus infection thankfully, and I'll visit both doctors here at college at the end of the month. I'm praying for an excellent report from both! People at church keep telling me I need to just move here because it seems like every time I go home I end up being sick. I'm really hoping to make it through this summer without a hospitalization.
Some of my friends and I are walking in Great Strides on 4/26/08. I have been able to raise quite a bit of money - much more than I ever thought I would. God is so good! Lately I've been coming across the blogs of some other people with CF, and their stories just make me want to fight all the harder to raise money to find a cure for this disease. I know that God has a plan even if a cure isn't found in time for my brother and I to benefit from it, but I want to make sure I'm doing my part to help a cure be found.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment